Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm thinking I love the Book of Mormon

How many copies of the Book of Mormon can a person own?

Earlier this afternoon I was taking notes for an idea I'd found for a mini scrapbook album, and one of the pages for my album would be about the Book of Mormon.  As I typed up notes, it got me thinking, "Just how many copies of the Book of Mormon do I have?"  I started counting and realized...

I have 10 copies of the Book of Mormon!!






There's one from the scripture set I got when I was baptized (the open book on the far right).  When I pulled that book out of its scripture case, it was like opening a treasure.  I hadn't touched it in a long time after putting the case inside of that plastic bag for protection since they were starting to fall apart. (Well used, wouldn't you say, from all those highlights?)  There's the 1830 replica, the Doubleday edition, the one that's part of the quadruple combination, a pocket-sized copy, two English hardcover missionary copies - one of which has my testimony in it ready to give to someone - a copy in Spanish, one in French, and the black triple from my newest set of scriptures.


Wow.  Would you think I love the Book of Mormon?  As often as I read it how could I not?

Now if I could just do the same for the Bible.  All of it.  Since we're studying Old Testament this year in Sunday School, I'm determined to read it all the way through like I have the New Testament and the Book of Mormon.  Then I'll tackle Doctrine & Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, because as often as I've started studying them, I've never completed. :(

Here's hoping 2010 will be the year I read the Old Testament all the way through!  Just a little over halfway through Genesis right now, just a few pages beyond where I'm supposed to be.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews