Monday, May 10, 2010

Missing Institute, still love the Spirit

I haven’t written a post for my Institute class blog since I started my job last month in Oppelo helping a woman from church take care of her husband.  I’m still not used to not having to write a weekly post.  And now Institute’s over for the school year, period.

But that doesn’t really mean I can’t still write some kind of spiritual entry on any of my other blogs.

Just a week or two ago, I was reading in the Psalms and found a verse I absolutely fell in love with and want to actually put on a candle.

“For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.” – Psalm 18:28

Such a beautiful and comforting verse.  It brought to mind an actual candle and the oil lamp I received as part of the Relief Society’s Christmas activity just a few years ago when my mom was RS president.  It’s green on the bottom and yellow-gold on the top with a hidden scroll design on the lamp beneath the glaze.  I’ll post a picture as soon as I can find it.

He truly will light our candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews