Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hyrum, Joseph and the Book of Mormon

After years of desiring – but never yet owning due to such a high price – and after discovering that Deseret Book no longer carried it, I found at last the statue of Hyrum and Joseph Smith, two better men the world may never know save Jesus only, is now mine.

Hyrum and Joseph 001 

Here it now holds a place of honor on my dresser (which has actually been cleaned off and rearranged to display this statue that means so much to me).  I found it on eBay of all places.  You can view it (and even purchase it) here.

Here is a video clip of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles bearing testimony of the Book of Mormon and these two magnificent testators.  It gives me such a thrill every time I watch/hear it.  I also own the DVDs of this conference, so I can watch it over and over.

These brothers gave their lives for this work.  I know it’s true.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  That cannot be taken away from me.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews