Sunday, April 3, 2011

Entrelac Scrap Sweater

With all the scrap blankets that have been made since before Christmas, we have finally whittled down my yarn stash to two big tubs of yarn instead of three.  But those yarns still call out to be used.

Back in January – I think – I was at Kroger with mom and picked up the Winter 2010/2011 issue of KnitSimple magazine, having found too many beautiful patterns to just put it back on the shelf.  In that magazine was a pattern for an Entrelac-style blanket. (Entrelac coming from the French, meaning “interlaced”.)  Unfortunately, I didn’t get beyond the first two rows of the blanket and forgot about it for a month until I had a conversation with mom about how I was getting more enjoyment out of knitting sweaters.  But I really wanted to do something with all that scrap yarn.  Can’t let mom have all the fun with it. LOL.

Just a few weeks ago, mom came home from shopping and handed me the Spring 2011 issue of Interweave Knits.  Voila! An entrelac sweater!!!  Of course, being the procrastinator I am, I didn’t seriously start work on it until this weekend, alternating rows of black and scrap yarn blocks.

002

Not much completed right now, but I look forward to the progress I make on it.  It’s a size large.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful, and you are so talented and brave to try something so difficult. I am just a beginner in knitting and Sister Green and you tube have helped me along the way. Good luck and show the final project. Love the colors you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews