Monday, October 26, 2009

Nervous Teacher, lots of compliments

I noticed today that the more nervous I am about a lesson I'm giving, the more compliments I get about the lesson afterward.

Today, for example, was the lesson from Elder Perry's talk "Bring Souls Unto Me", speaking of the greater effort that members can put out to find people for the missionaries to teach, instead of waiting for the missionaries to find them.  We're the ones with these people every day.  We can do the finding so the missionaries can be freed up to teach.

I was nervous because I hadn't fully finished writing out my notes and I wasn't sure how I was going to make those notes, a talk and two articles from October's Ensign take the whole class.  Maybe I prayed harder than I realized I did for help today.  I do remember asking for the Spirit to be the one doing the teaching for all of us.

I am eager to find out which lessons from this month's General Conference will be used for future lessons.... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews